Race Duty Pack
(download a copy of this pack in Word or PDF format, links at end of this page)
setting the racing instructions - an example
- OOD and the rest of the team together
- OOD and AOD
- Launch Driver
- introduction: types of races
- pursuit races (spring and autumn)
- class races (sundays in summer)
- handicap races (wednesday evenings in summer)
- operation of launch outboard motor
- service launch operation and handling notes
- Portsmouth yardsticks and how to apply them
- pursuit race start times
There are four illustrations on the club website which accompany this pack:
No. 1: 'the medley course'
No. 2: 'how the race instructions appear on the board'
No. 3: 'flag sequences'
No. 4: 'launch controls'
Illustrations (referred to on the web pages)
1. The Medley Course